1. Welcome to Gostartem
• By using this site and services you agree to our Private Policy and to follow other rules on this site.
• Tech-match crowdfunding: The matching of Techpreneurs, who are looking to offer shares in their businesses, with Techvestors, who are seeking to purchase shares in tech-related businesses. Note that Gostartem is not a platform where the sale of shares takes place. We are a marketplace connecting Techpreneurs with Techvestors. The final transaction, including payment and transfer of shares, happen outside of Gostartem. Tech-match Crowdfunding is offered to Gostartem’s members only. The contents under Tech-match crowdfunding do not constitute investment solicitation for the purpose of making financial investments.
• Rewards crowdfunding: The offering of products and services (Perks) by Techpreneurs in return for funding by Techvestors.
• Site: Our website www.gostartem.com
• Social crowdfunding: Seeking of donations by Techpreneurs from Techvestors to be used for the funding of social-related technology campaigns.
• Successful campaign: When the campaign reaches its funding target as described in Campaign by Techpreneurs.
• Techpreneurs: The party raising funding for their business and/or campaigns through Gostartem.
• Techvestors: The party offering funding to Techpreneurs.
• Users: Registered members of Gostartem
2. Accessing Gostartem
• To access Gostartem you will need to register as a member by signing up and creating an account.
• As a member, you need to be at least 18 years of age or the minimum legal age in your jurisdiction to sign a contract.
• You are responsible for all activities on your account. If you believe that someone else is using your account, please immediately report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• While we strive to make Gostartem available at all times, we cannot guarantee this. Any disruption to our service cannot be used as a liability against Gostartem.
3. Prohibited items
• Techpreneurs are prohibited from offering the following in their funding campaign:
• Any alcoholic-related products;
• Any weapons or related accessories;
• Any form of lottery or gambling;
• Any form of adult entertainment;
• Any drugs or controlled substances;
• Anything to promote hate, violence, discrimination, harassment, and anything objectionable or embarrassing to others; and
• Anything prohibited by law.
• We prohibit Users from infringing or violating other person’s intellectual property rights.
• Techpreneurs shall not make any false or misleading statements in their Campaign.
• Gostartem has the right to reject any funding campaign. In doing so, we will not be subjected to any liabilities.
4. No guarantee
• While reasonable care is taken to ensure reliability of information by Techpreneurs, Gostartem provides no guarantee over the accuracy and completeness of its content. We do not accept any liability for losses which might arise from making use of this information.
• With regards to crowdfunding opportunities at Gostartem, the need and onus to do due diligence lies squarely with our registered members as we do not profess to advise on the same. All dealings and transactions are directly with Techpreneurs and Techvestors.
• For Rewards crowdfunding and Social crowdfunding, Gostartem does not ensure that Techpreneurs will deliver the Perks or that the funding by Techvestors will used as described in the campaign.
• Users use Gostartem at their own risk.
• We do not charge Techpreneurs for setting up a crowdfunding campaign.
• However, we will charge fees for Successful Campaigns. The fees are as follows:
• Tech-match crowdfunding: 5% of the total amount of funds raised attributed to the Campaign at Gostartem
• Rewards crowdfunding: 3% of the total amount of funds raised
• Social crowdfunding: 3% of the total amount of funds raised
• Gostartem has the right to change fees. However, in doing so, we will notify members through email and through our Site.
• Users are responsible for paying additional fees or taxes associated with the use of Gostartem.
• Payment for the funding of successful campaigns will be through bank transfers or Paypal only. Users will bear all the cost related to the use of these services, including service charge, transfer fee, and currency differences.
• For Rewards crowdfunding and Social crowdfunding, payment by Techvestors will be kept in an escrow account handled by Gostartem. Only following a Successful Campaign will Gostartem transfer the funds to Techpreneurs, after deducting Gostartem’s fees and fund transfer charges. We will return funds under the escrow account to Techvestors if the campaign fails to reach its funding target.
• For Tech-match crowdfunding, payments between Techpreneurs and Techvestors will be undertaken outside of Gostartem. Gostartem only provides a platform for Techpreneurs and Techvestors to connect with each other. Techvestors can commit their interest in offerings by Techpreneurs through our platform.
• We are not responsible for the performance of any bank or third party payment services.
7. Limitation of liability
• Gostartem and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind.
• In no event shall Gostartem’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in total) one hundred Singapore dollars.
• Any disputes will be handled under Singapore Law.
LAST UPDATED: 8 July 2015
This Policy applies to information we collect on www.GOSTARTEM.com and its sub-domains about:
i) visitors to our website (the “Site”); and
ii) people who register their emails with us.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM ALL VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM USERS WHO REGISTER THEIR EMAILS WITH US
When you register your emails with us, we may use it to send you our newsletters and to contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us providing you with these information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive these information, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject UNSUB.
By submitting your email you consent to the use of that email as set out in this policy.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our Site features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining the security of personal information. We have put in place appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information such as securing our website with SSL.
5. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Gostartem changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. SALE OF BUSINESS
If Gostartem’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Tech-Match Most startups fail. If you invest in a Tech-match campaign on Gostartem, it is significantly more likely that you will lose all of your invested capital than that you will see a return of capital or a profit. Shares in a startup are highly illiquid and most often do not offer dividend payments in the first few years. If a Techpreneur you invest in fails, neither the company nor Gostartem will pay back your investment. You should not invest more money through Gostartem than you can afford to lose without altering your standard of living. Rewards When you back a campaign, you are trusting the Techpreneur to do a good job, so if you do not know them personally or by reputation, do some due diligence and research. Gostartem does not evaluate a project’s claims, resolve disputes, or offer refunds. Techvestors decide on what they want to fund. Some campaigns may not go as planned. Delivery dates for rewards may not meet deadlines and the quality of the products delivered may not be up to expectations or even be delivered. Gostartem holds no responsibility for these undesirable events. Be sure to keep this in mind when you back a campaign.